Thursday 22 December 2016

The Climatarian Challenge results!

As you may remember a few posts back, I decided to begin 'The Climatarian Challenge' through tracking what I had been eating and inputting it into an app to see how much carbon I was 'consuming'. Today was the end of my challenge - sadly I only just failed the challenge by ending on 8002 points (equivalent to 80.02kg of carbon) rather than the 8000 points that was the goal. However I cannot be too disappointed though as I only 'ate' 20g of carbon more than the goal! Using the app has been so interesting and I felt so motivated throughout to seriously consider what I was consuming. The only criticism I would have off the app was that when inputting whether you had eaten a certain type of meat or not, you then had to choose which portion size it was equivalent to out of a choice of three. Unfortunately there was no actual guidelines into what each portion size was equivalent to so a lot of it was guess work, which could have meant I was either under- or over-estimating how much carbon I was consuming. Nevertheless definitely give this a go and I guarantee it will make you think twice about what you are eating - give the video a watch so you know what's in stall!



No comments:

Post a Comment